The Top 10 Candidate Commandments
In a post-apocalyptic hiring environment, candidates (and recruiters) are frustrated and disillusioned. Recruiters feel overworked; candidates feel underserved. How can we make the candidate experience more meaningful? What do candidates really want? GreenJobInterview went to the people seeking employment for some straight answers.
Lo, hear their word.
- Thou shalt let me see the people I already know in a company I’m interested in.
- Thou shalt allow me to submit my online profile when I apply for a job.
- Thou shalt allow me to learn about the employer as well as communicate with other employees and applicants.
- Thou shalt tell me there may be other opportunities only if there really are other opportunities.
- Thou shalt grant me an honest and informative conversation when I’m interviewed.
- Thou shalt acknowledge me personally when I apply for a job.
- Thou shalt enable me to see and hear real employees when researching a company I’m interested in.
- Thou shalt offer career recommendations and advice if I’m not hired.
- Thou shalt provide specific closure when I don’t get the job at any point in the process.
- Thou shalt interview me in person whenever possible.