Virtual Interviewing: A Useful Tool For All Types Of Hiring Situations
Of course as you may already be experiencing, the type of positions and situations where virtual interviewing can be advantageous is unlimited. However, there are some hiring opportunities in which you should be taking advantage of virtual interviewing, if you aren’t already. Consider positions that solicit a large number of resumes, where virtual interviews can help differentiate candidates and bring their resumes to life. Or, industries like healthcare or hospitality which may require more understanding of a candidate’s motivation and commitment to serving others, virtual interviews can make a difference. Here are a few other examples in which virtual interviewing technology can and should be highly considered:
- Customer Service – Seeing a person is so much more powerful than meeting and conversing over the phone. How the candidate interacts, everything from body language to facial expressions can help to better evaluate how they will interact with or relate to customers.
- Seasonal – Whether it’s holiday hiring at a retail store or an internship at Google, when you have a large number of positions to fill and a short time to fill them, GreenJob One-Way™, enables you to review and evaluate candidates in a much more efficient and timely way. Plus, having the ability to rate and review responses to specific questions, helps decision making easier when responses may be similar in nature.
- Healthcare or hospitality – These are industries where it’s necessary to “meet” a candidate from the get-go. Where personality and culture fit is critical to hiring the right person both live and recorded interview solutions enable companies to cast a wider net, preview candidates efficiently and allow an opportunity to hone in on key candidates in advance of an in-person interview, saving time and travel expenses.
- New hires for new locations – More and more companies are expanding or opening remote offices and there are positions to fill with people in a specific geographic region. Using virtual interview technology helps companies reach a broad talent pool within any given region and schedule a multitude of interviews in a timely fashion, allowing a quicker time to fill.
- Sales representatives – Choosing the right representative for your company is important. You want to be sure that person has what it takes to reside in a customer-facing role. As the hiring company it isn’t always feasible to bring every candidate in for an in-person meeting, especially sales candidates who may be on the road multiple days a week. Virtual interviewing offers the flexibility and next best thing to “meeting” a candidate for the first time.
As recruiters and hiring managers, it’s important not only to think about how you’re currently using virtual interviewing, but to consider all the other ways you could. Whether it’s reducing the time-to-hire, finding the best candidate for those hard-to-hire positions or reaching to candidates nationwide or even global, using efficient and money-saving tools, like virtual interviewing, can be the perfect solution for you.